Tuesday, March 31, 2009

What a day!

I went to the GYN yesterday. This was my first visit with Dr. Pollard at Lyndhurst OB/GYN. I had been to the practice in years past, but not since moving back to this area. The staff was very friendly and attentive. I appreciated how Dr. Pollard explained everything as he was doing the procedures. It certainly helped make me a little more confortable in the awkward and upleasant position. I was thinking it was simply going to be a consultation and then go back later for other stuff. Wrong! Had to have a PAP and a biopsy yesterday. I am still feeling the effects from the biopsy. It isn't the first time I have had one, but I don't remember the cramps lasting this long. I go back on April 16th for the results and a sonogram. Maybe once and for all I will find out what the reason is for my monthly misery and can have something done to relieve it.

After that torture, I went to the Hanes Brands Outlet store. New bras! Yay! I picked up a few things for Cerdwin as well. They have some really cute stuff for great prices. Then it was on to Whole Foods. I could spend hours in that store, but this was a quick stop. Since C is allergic to nuts, we have been getting Soy Butter for her. I wanted to try Sunbutter. Wow! That stuff is pricey, but it tastes much better than Soy Butter. I also picked up some YummyEarth Organic Lollipops. Talk about a flavor shock! I tried the Too Berry Blueberry. It was excellent.

Next stop, Reynolda Village. I was hoping to check out Karen Gray's new fabric store. Unfortunately, her store isn't open on Mondays. I headed over to Hancock Fabrics to look at patterns. Nothing really struck my fancy.

I had to take the van in for an oil change and inspection. Why do I dread that task so much? I really is such a painless chore, yet I procrastinate each time. The folks at
King Express Lube
110 Carmel Dr
King, NC 27021
(336) 985-3463
are super friendly and the service is always quick.

I had to stop by the post office to mail a package. I had gotten a new battery for my cell phone off Ebay. Unfortunately, the battery wouldn't work. I don't know what the problem was with it. It appeared to be exactly the same as the original, but it would not power up. Hopefully the replacement will work.

I made a quick stop at Wal-Mart for a few things and then went to the car wash. It was time to attempt making my van white again. Boy, oh boy! I need to take that thing and have someone hand wash it. My back will not hold out for that challenge. I was wiped out. I went to:
Summit Square Auto Wash
170 N Summit Square Blvd
Winston Salem, NC 27105
This is a really nice car wash with 2 automated drive through washes and several manual wash bays. The equipment was in excellent working condition.

Cerdwin had spent the night with the inlaws on Sunday night. It is just too difficult to drag her out early in the morning and I didn't think she really needed to go with me to the GYN. After all my stops, I went to pick her up. We sat at on the deck while she played in the sand. The weather was nice. It was still a little breezy, but warm enough in the sun to be pleasant. She decided to stay another night. I have to pick her up in a couple of hours so we can go to PE Class. Afterward, we will go to McDonald's in Pilot Mountain for a playdate with her friend Amber.

I was exhausted after all that bebopping around, but still managed to stop by my grandmother's for dinner and some baby time. Cambree was wearing one of the outfits I picked up for her and some new shoes that my brother and SIL found. They were the cutest things! They were pink with bunnies on the side and resembled Chuck Taylors. She was very alert and bright eyed. Cooper was excited to see me too. He is so funny. My brother thinks he could be a stand up comedian one day. His laugh is infectious and I can't help cracking up at times when he spouts out some toddlerese.

Reminder to self: Do not forget to take pain meds for the day. Yesterday was a struggle without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment