Saturday, March 7, 2009

Going on a trip

Cerdwin has an extremely vivid imagination. She can come up with some really "tall tales". Thursday night was one such time she put it into full effect.
Her GG Carter gave her a new backpack for her birthday. She was wandering around the house with it on her back. I couldn't help giggling when she told DH and me that she was going on a trip.
Our conversation was pretty in depth and rather comical. Some of it went like this:
I asked where she was going. Her response, "Well, ummm, I don't know. Maybe California."
I said, "Wow! That is a long trip."
She proceeded to tell us that she had packed a shirt, socks, some panties, a shovel, and a pail. I asked what the shovel and pail were for.
She then explained, "I am going to the California Desert."
I asked, "What are you going to do in the California Desert?"
She confidently stated, "I am going to dig in the sand and build a sandcastle!"
"That sounds fun. Did you pack any water?" I asked.
She looked at me with a quizzical expression and said no. I recommended she pack some water since it was such long trip and there would be no water in the desert so she might get thirsty. She tromped behind a chair and we could hear her making little noises like water coming out of a spigot. She was "filling her water bottles". She told us she had her water and off she went trekking about the house.

I just love those little moments when she shows her creativity and imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment