Thursday, March 26, 2009

Lazy days

Yesterday we were all so lazy! We stayed in bed most of the day cuddling. It was so dreary and today is looking the same. I need some sunlight. I am trying to get myself motivated to do something today. Dishes need to be done, laundry needs to be folded and put away, bed linens need to be changed. Cerdwin didn't even complain about the lazy day. She slept until about 11am and fell asleep on the sofa about 10pm last night. She crawled into bed with Jason and me before sunrise today. She just woke up about 11am again today. I think tomorrow afternoon we will try out The Bounce and Party Place in Kvegas for some open bounce time.

After very little sleep Monday night because my cough is still very persistent, I rolled out of bed at 7am Tuesday morning. I had to be at the doctor's office at 8:30am. I went in for a PAP test with the PA at my General Practitioner's office. I did not actually have it done. The nurse informed me that it hadn't been 2 years since my last one. Medicare will only pay for one every two years. That was rather frustrating. I was certain my last one had been in February of 2007, but according to their records it was in July. I still saw the PA as a follow up on the bronchitis. She said it sounded better, but my sinuses were still extremely inflamed and packed full of junk. She recommened me trying Mucinex DM. I asked for a referral to a GYN. I am tired of dealing with the debilitating menstrual cycles each month. I don't want to have a hysterectomy. That is too radical at this point, but I know there has to be something that can help relieve the intensity. I am going to discuss the option of Endometrial Ablation. http://www.acog.org/publications/patient_education/bp134.cfm

I have been following a blog for the past couple of weeks that I ran across by "accident". It has brought tears to my eyes to read the struggles of this baby girl - Cora. She lost her battle with Neuroblastoma just 3 short weeks after being diagnosed. http://themcclenahans.blogspot.com Her mother and grandmother have started making some adorable items and selling on Etsy to raise funds for a playground to be built in Cora's honor. Their stuff sells out so quickly, I haven't had a chance to buy anything yet. There are other sellers donating to the fundraising efforts as well. I think it is a wonderful cause. I hope to be able to get one of the cute dresses for my new neice Cambree. Going to have to be quick though because the stuff sells out within hours of being listed!

No comments:

Post a Comment