Monday, March 23, 2009

Relief at last

I have finally started feeling some relief from the nasty virus. Still a little congested and stuffy nose, but definitely feeling much better. Yesterday we finally got out of the house. I took Cerdwin to the inlaw's.
Once again, Cerdwin got car sick and threw up just before we reached our destination. She still hasn't had an appetite so it was only liquid, but still icky just the same. I purchased a booster seat for her about 18 months ago. The first time she rode in it she got sick. I put the Britax Marathon back in and we didn't have any more troubles. The booster has been in the Explorer and she rides in it on very rare occasion. The last time I rode with her in the Explorer she threw up. She is getting too big for the Britax, so I got another booster to put in the van. She has vomitted 3 times already riding in it. Now, I know she had a fever the first two times, but yesterday she was not. She swears the seat belt is killing her. She also threw up in my moms car when she rode in the booster seat she has in her car. I am almost beginning to wonder if it isn't because of her insecurities. I suppose I am going to have to break down and buy one of those boosters that has the 5 point harness good for up to 65lbs. since she weighs 48lbs. Most of them have a 45lbs limitation.
Cerdwin had a blast playing with her cousin Cameron and helping Grandma and Grandpa with lawn work. They hunted Easter eggs, rode around in the battery powered Jeep, raked leaves, and rode in the dump trailer hooked to the back of Grandpa's new, shiny, green John Deere lawn tractor. Of course, she had a fit to spend the night. Whew! That was a relief too. I certainly appreciated the break. After being sick for a week, she was going stir crazy in the house and I needed a chance to do some recuperating.

No comments:

Post a Comment