Monday, October 26, 2009

Lessons in laundry detergent

I recently had one of those "light bulb" moments. It just hit me that the bottle of laundry detergent was nearly empty and I had just bought it. I looked at the bottle and it reads 32 loads. No way had we done nearly that many loads of laundry. Given there are 3 adults and 1 child in our house hold, we do 12-15 loads each week. I looked at the back of the bottle and the directions explain how much of the liquid to use. It is approximately 1/2 of the cap full for normal loads and about 3/4(1.9oz) of the cap for large loads. Makes sense now! All 3 of us had been filling the cap to the brim. We had used Charlie's Soap liquid for a while before switching to the powder. Since I had to stop using Charlie's Soap, I have been using All Free Clear. Charlie's Soap liquid directions call for 2 ounces...so why wouldn't other brands call for the same amount? Well, apparently they do. We have just been pouring money down the drain, literally. Why did it take me so finally realize this?
I guess it is kind of like other things...we just don't read the instructions that come with so many items.

No comments:

Post a Comment