Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Long time, no post

I haven't really had a chance to spend a lot of time at the computer over the last few days. Last Friday we took a family shopping trip. I surprised J by dragging him to Casual Male XL to get some new jeans. I was so tired of looking at those raggedy things he has been wearing. I mean, come on! They are fine for work, but when we are going somewhere as a family, I would prefer not seeing things hanging out of holes! After listening to him moan and groan about paying $50 for a pair of jeans, he finally picked out two pair.
I had promised Cerdwin that we would go out to eat at Outback Steakhouse when we all recovered from the flu. I made good on that promise. We tried the new crab meat stuffed shrimp appetizer. YUM! We all enjoyed our entree and even got dessert. I had been happy with our dining experience until the server delivered our dessert. We chose the sampler which included two items with nuts and one without. I asked them to plate the cheese cake separately for Cerdwin since she is allergic to nuts. I didn't realize until after she had already dug in that they had put the slice of cheese cake smack dab in the middle of the other two, scraped it off the platter, and put it on another plate. Thank goodness, she didn't have any reactions!
Next stop: Babies R Us to look at booster seats. I want a Britax Regent. Unfortunately, the Winston-Salem location does not have them in stock. Boo! Hiss! I guess I am going to have to shop online.
We finished out our family shopping day with grocery shopping at Wal-Mart. Of course, that required that we visit the garden center so Cerdwin could grope the flowers and vegetable plants. She loves flowers! She had a blast smelling all the different herb plants and feeling the different textures. I look forward to gardening with her when the weather permits.

Saturday was the 29th Annual Easter Egg Hunt at Moratock Park in Danbury. We packed a picnic lunch and met up with some moms and kids from DanRiverMommies. After some playground time, we headed over for the "great hunt". We couldn't make our exit until Cerdwin was able to go see the Easter Bunny and give her a hug. While we were waiting our turn, Cerdwin made an observation. "Look Mommy! The Easter Bunny is a girl!" She could see long blonde hair hanging out from under the bunny mask. :lol:! After more playtime and swinging, a trip to the restrooms, and chatting with a former co-worker, whom I haven't seen in over 10 years, we went to the new consignment store in Danbury.
Splurges on Main is a nice little consignment boutique located in Danbury. She has a nice selection of name brand items for women and teens. Check it out if you are planning to be in town. I was a little disappointed that none of the other businesses in town were open. With the huge crowds at Moratock Park on Saturday, it could have been a profitable day for those places.
After a quick stop at Betty's Country Grocery we went to the inlaw's house. Cerdwin had a chance to play with her favorite older cousin Cameron for a couple of hours.

Since the weather was so nice on Sunday, we stayed around the house. Cerdwin played on her swing set and rode her bicycle for hours. I had the most unpleasant task of disposing of the remains of one of our numerous outdoor cats. Some how I managed to keep her from seeing the poor feline. :Warning: Maybe TMI! The spare tire from the Explorer was laying on the ground down by the basement. The cat had crawled through the center of the wheel. He was not fortunate enough to make back through the hole. He had gotten his head back through the hole, but apparently couldn't get the rest of his body back out. I don't know how long that poor thing suffered there and I felt so terrible that we didn't realize so we could have helped him.
It is time for the natural selection process to start around here again though. We have two cats expecting kittens right now. That is how it usually works. We loose a few before the babies arrive. Unfortunately, I am usually the one who has the unpleasant task of collecting the carcasses. J has to bury them in the "pet cemetary".

Monday we did the tie dying experiment to make some pretty cool Easter Eggs. Today is PE Class day, but I don't think we are going to make it. My legs are sore and my back is hurting pretty bad. I don't think I can hold up for whatever activities are planned. We may just head out to Chick Fil A for some afternoon play time since it is so cold and windy today.

No comments:

Post a Comment