Friday, August 21, 2009

Good deed for the day

Thursday afternoon(8/20) Cerdwin and I were going to return some movies and go to the grocery store. We drove by a home on Stewart Road and I noticed a person laying in the driveway. Something just didn't seem quite right about that to me. There was a car behind me so I went on up to the next road and turned around at the first available spot. I waited to see if that other car had stopped, but they didn't. I drove back by the house again and the person was still laying in the driveway, so I turned around and pulled into the driveway. I got out and walked up to the woman. Of course, I asked the most ridiculous question, but I was just looking for and hoping for a response. I asked if she was OK. She opened her eyes and nodded her head to respond no. I asked if anyone else was at home and she said no. I ran back to the van to get my cell phone and had to go out to the road to look for the address on the mailbox. I called 911 and stayed with the woman until the first responders and ambulance arrived. Poor Cerdwin was in the van screaming bloody murder. I did go back and open the doors so she could get some air because it was so hot and I had turned the van off. She was begging to get out. She unbuckled her seat belt, but she stayed in her seat the whole time. I was so proud of her for actually listening to me for once!
While we were waiting to leave since we were blocked in, of course the inquisition started. Where are they taking her? Why is the motor so loud on the ambulance? What is wrong with her? What happened to her? Did the dog bite her? Is she going to be alright? What is wrong with her? What is wrong with her? I couldn't give her a definitive answer about what was wrong with the woman so she kept asking over and over. I really don't know what was wrong with the woman. She appeared to be having some sort of seizure because her body was shaking all over, but she was semi-alert and responsive.
We made an unplanned stop at the library and hung out for a while before heading on to get groceries. It gave her a chance to settle down and enjoy herself for a while. When I went back by the house on the way home the front door was still open and nobody else appeared to have been there since we left. I stopped at the neighbor's house to ask if they knew the woman. They were clueless. A bunch of young "adults" who had just moved in and didn't know anyone or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment