Thursday, November 5, 2009

Tackle It Tuesday turns into Thursday too

I am on a mission!
This house must be de-cluttered and cleaned so I can decorate for Christmas. Since I took on the laundry room Tuesday, today the pantry was the beast to be wrangled. Who would have thought a 4ft x 8ft space could take all day!?! Four years worth of junk piled up had to go!
From the time Cerdwin got up this morning, until I finally gave in, she begged to bake cookies. Finally, after I got the pantry cleaned out, kitchen cleaned up again, we baked Betty Crocker Sugar Cookies.


While I was getting dinner started the cookies were cooling. Of course, Little Miss Impatient was driving me bananas wanting to know when she could put frosting and sprinkles on the cookies.

After dinner was on the stove, I let her start frosting and sprinkling the cookies. Of course dinner was ruined for her since she had to take a lick of frosting after each cookie.

We used Betty Crocker Whipped Vanilla Frosting and two different types of sprinkles.
I must say they turned out to be pretty yummy little treats and I think my little kitchen witch did a great job!





You can find some coupons for the Betty Crocker Cookie Mixes plus other items here:
Better Crocker Coupons and Promotions

Dinner was quite delicious tonight too. I used one our favorite recipes from the Kraft Foods/Sam's Club dinner planner.

South-of-the-Border Chicken & Pasta Skillet

2 cups medium-size pasta, uncooked
2 Tyson® boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 lb.), thawed, cut into bite-size pieces
16 oz. salsa (about 2 cups)
10 oz. frozen corn, unthawed (about 2 cups)
4 oz. (½ of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, cubed
¼ tsp. ground cumin
1 cup KRAFT Mexican Style Finely Shredded Four Cheese, divided

COOK pasta as directed on package.
MEANWHILE, cook and stir chicken in large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium-high heat 6 min. or until done. Add salsa, corn, cream cheese and cumin; simmer on medium-low 6 min. or until corn is heated through and cream cheese is melted, stirring occasionally.
DRAIN pasta; add to skillet with half the shredded cheese. Simmer 3 min. or until heated through. Top with remaining shredded cheese; cover. Remove from heat; let stand 5 min. or until cheese is melted.

After all that, I even managed to soak in the tub to get a little quiet time for myself tonight too!

No comments:

Post a Comment